08 August 2026

This weeks reinforcements

The Forgotten War: First Indochina War 1946–1954

Something a little different this week. A couple of figures from the current Indochina 1946-1954 Kickstarter - Keith at Armybits was kind enough to let me have a couple of files from the project to print in FDM at 15mm to see how they would look. Decent enough, but his figures printed in resin at 20mm look even better.





Well worth backing imo.

5 comments:

  1. Those FDM prints look legit. What specs did you use, and how durable are the gun barrels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figures are printed with a 0.2mm nozzle with layer height at 0.06mm using PLA Matte. Barrels seem robust enough and I place the figure on the base so that there is minimal overhang over the base edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super paint job on those. I've had plans to do IC in 10mm and 15mm for years..maybe time to have a crack at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - I've always wanted to do Vietnam - both "Nam" and French Indochina and there are some lovely 28mm minis for it, but I think it would work a lot better in 15mm or 20mm. I'm surprised by how good the 15mm FDM prints look but having said that I would still personally spend the money to get the figures in metal (or resin I guess).... for now anyway?! Who knows how soon FDM quality will match the stuff put out by wargaming manufacturers.

    ReplyDelete

Building the Arnhem Bridge Perimeter - Part Two - The Bridge Ramp

  Part One   The printer continues whirring away printing perimeter buildings, which leaves me time to consider how to build the bridge emba...