15 August 2026

The weeks reinforcements

The Russians are coming !

Following on from my post "Building Russian Platoons" the figures were duly ordered and arrived a few days later. As always the service and turnaround times from Peter Pig are top notch. I did however weaken and add a pack of Russian Scouts with SMG's to the order. As I mentioned in the previous post these are  wearing the two piece amoeba camouflage uniform. The figures as sculpted are wearing high boots and so I have added a little green stuff to each to blouse the trousers over the boots and add bulk around the sleeves.

Paint test on the first figure complete as I work out my palette for the Scouts





In games terms a section of Razvedchiki can be purchased as a support option in addition to the main platoon being fielded. This scout section comprises of a Junior Leader with a SMG and two teams each of three men with SMGs. As such one pack of Peter Pig scouts is sufficient for the section.

The section costs four support points and has an enhanced version of the 
Razvedchiki National Characteristic - when located in or behind cover the section can act as a Jump Off Point (JOP) for any other Infantry Units at the cost of two CoC Points. This strikes me as a very powerful tool in the Russians armoury. 















1 comment:

  1. Superb work, the conversion looks good and the paintjob is excellent - and I agree it's not possible to think about putting together a Russain force and not including scouts in amoeba camo. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Building the Arnhem Bridge Perimeter - Part Three - 126 Verlengde Rijkade

Part One Part Two 126 Verlengde Rijkade is the large building immediately to the east of the bridge towers fronting on to the Rhine and can ...